Tuesday, August 15, 2006

holaaaa!!

been a few days and I dunno what I have been doing to tell you the truth lol. Recap:
This weekend was pretty fun- went out with my new roomies to a couple of dance clubs and had some good times with that. on Saturday I was pretty worthless and didn't leave the house during the day at all lol so on Sunday afternoon (or more like 6 lol) I headed out to La Plaza Francia with my roommate Rocío. On the weekends they have this huge outdoor mercado there (fería they call it) with a bunch of handmade stuff ranging from jewelry to coats to purses to everything. It's pretty "hippie" as Rocío discribed it but it was pretty neat. We got there around 7pm after a jam-packed collectivo ride that took like twice as long as it should have. Apparently we picked a great time to go- right after a River Plate soccer game (the stadium is like 5 blocks from our house) so we got nice ans friendly with a bunch of hooligans and practically had to exit out the damn window it was so fun lol. But the collectivos are always interesting and can't be the 80 centavo price tag.
So anyway yeah, once we finally got there it was pretty windy and cold but still a neat scene for sure. Although it was late, a good part of the vendors were still there and I found a pretty sweet scarf to ward off the cold. so I consider the mission a success. Also next to the Plaza is el Centro Cultural Retiro, a little art museum type deal showcasing really odd and not famous works but some of which were actualy neat. It was free also, so can't complain about that. Rocio and I wandered around there for awhile and I can say that I accomplished something cultural that day, too lol.
Monday I got up earlier than I had been... as in eaaarly afternoon, (amazing I know lol) and went for a run!!! It had been almost a month since I had actually gone running so be very proud. I ran down my street for awhile and off onto a side street that leads to some pretty green areas with monuments and such. I brought my camara too lol so I stopped and snapped some fotos which will be up here soon. I ended up running by this awesome area called los bosques del Palermo which were reaaally beautiful. All green and lots of trees and a huge lake. I bet its going to be awesomeee when Spring comes. My run (with stretching and foto stops included) was over an hour so, YAY! but I am waaaayy sore now. My poor legs are like wtf are you doing to me, we were enjoying NOT doing this crap! I mean I feel like I have kept myself in shape more or less, probably with all the walking I do here. Oh and the dancing, a killer butt workout for sure haha. After my run I ate a delicious salad and some fruit too! The produce here as been awesome, and so cheap! I bought a huge bag of veggies and fruti the other day from a frutería for like 5 pesos.. (like 2 bucks haha). One thing I am sooo going to miss.
So today I had class and I am going to go for a little run to help myself not be as sore here in a little bit. Amazing I know! We'll see how long this lasts, haha. I just feel I need to do SOMETHING and it's a great way to see the city and feel not as gorda. I saw a gym irght across the street from my house so I might go inquire the prices sometime, too. Plus, as many of you know, I'd rather not study lol so running always is a good excuse to put off that.
Also Rocio told me she wanted to go sometime so I am going to drag her along with me lol. I am really liking getting to know my roomies. Oh I forgot to mention last night we had a little roomie bonding and went to a movie, all 5 of us. We saw some french film called (well in spanish) "La comedia y el poder"... So first off the film is all in french and to help me out it has Spanish subtitles.... lol so many damn languages in my head sometimes, it was kind of hard but surprisingly I followed pretty well. But the movie overall was.. not good. lol none of us really enjoyed it so I figure I didnt miss much with the translation. But more than the movie it's just nice to have amigas to hang out with. Also I finally talked to Adelaide and she made it back to BsAs aliiiive, finally. So that'll be good to see her again.
For this weekend I haven't made any plans yet but some of the girls that Quelcy used to live with and who we went dancing with this weekend are apparently going to Bariloche (probably for sking, supposed ot be awesome.. even though I don't ski lol) but I am unsure. It is also Quelcy's last weekend so we will probably be taking her out or having a little despida or something which I'd like to be here for.
Well I suppose I better get to the running

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and your running! well it's good that you found a pretty place to run. hurry up! I wanna see mas fotos!

Anonymous said...

All those languages in your head .... that is so funny! Yeah I wanna see pixs too.

lum
xoxo