Don't worry I am going to go back and edit all the photos with captions. the photo uploader was being difficult and I haven't felt like messing with it. also need to add the pics of my apt!!!
Anyway, lately, as in the past what, two or three days? has been really great. I have gotten to know my roomies a little better and they are really fun. Last night we all went to the birthday party of this italian kid they are friend's with. It was really fun. At first it has been kind of hard to talk with everyone because they are all so good at Spanish and its sort of intimidating at first. But I have gotten to know them and go out with them to hang out with friends so it's been really fun. I can feel my spanish getting better but I still have a lot of work to do.
A general overview of the roomies:
Agustina de Argentina- she is the one I share a room with. really a nice girl. she works at the UB actually, too. Speaks English pretty well but we try to speak in Spanish. I havent gotten to talk to her too much even though we share a room because we seem to have pretty different schedules but that will change!
Rumbi de Inglaterra- a really nice girl as well. Speaks spanish pretty much perfectly, I'm jealous! I love learning her little brittish sayings as well such as "are you taking a piss!?" meaning are you kidding with me?"
Rocío de Peru- really sweet and more of a quiet but buena onda, and so far always eating maní (peanuts) haha- its the house joke. She has a boyfriend Samu who i have a hard time understanding at times but always tries to include me so thats nice haha
For the first part of my time here Jus from Mexico was here (I dunno how to spell her name actually lol) but she left this morning. She was the easiest to understand for me accentwise just because I am more used to the Mexican accent (clarooo). Always really loud and bubbly and a nice chica. All of them are though, nothing bad to say about them as for now :D
And for a week or two more this americana from PA Quelcy is here. She used to live here during last semester and moved somewhere else forawhile but is back for the time being. She also speaks spanish really well and has dreadlocks.
It's a really diverse group (with some crazy names, no?) but that's what I really like about it so far. Always something different and fun going on.
well i think I may be going out to a boliche (dance club) here in a little bit with Quelcy... yeah it is like 2 am and I am already pretty tired but this is how Argentines do it!!! Really weird to think that in the US bars would be closing around now whereas these crazo latinos are just getting started.
But I dunno... I need to do some reading for classes tomorrow though so.. we shall see. anyway.. all is well thus far. more to come as always
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Non - I'm enjoying your blog. keep it up kid.
he means doooooo
Post a Comment