School and Buenos Aires...?!?
so i have been quite awful at updating.
apologies.
and although most people don't really consider that i have been "studying"that much the past 3 and a half months, it is crunch timeeee. ahora estoy trabajando muchisimo, porque solamente hay dos más semanas de clases.
This week is nuts-
I had a 6 page paper due today- (wrote about a peronist guerilla group of the 70s, Los Montoneros).
Tomorrow I have a test in my globalization class about MERCOSUR, sus relaciones con la unión europea, NAFTA and Asia Pacific; I studied some yesterday but have been really stressing working on my paper for my economic history class. It's due thrusday, and I have a good chunk of it done, but it just takes forever. Still can't believe i am writing all these crazy papers ALL in Spanish. I think a lot of it takes me so long because i want to write in spanish at the same level as i do in englihs (which i not nearly at yet, but working on it).
So I have that paper due thursday- (its about ex argentine president Menem and how his neoliberal policies in the 90s caused poverty).
Thursday I also have another paper due for Political Economy of Argentina, which is a set of questions about specific economic nonsense for the most boring profesor i have. we lovingly call him el hombre triangulo (triangle guy) since he seems to draw triangles representing argentina and its development pretty much every lecture. no matter how awake i am before his class, even if i drink like 3 cafe con leches or lots of mate, i always manage to fall asleep to his monotonic (sp?) drone.
so next week i have the final exam for hombre triangulo and a paper about modern politics about a latin american nation that is having elections this year (Vanessa sound familiar?)
THEN I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL FOR THE SEMESTER!!!!!!!!
and so begins the traveling.. on the plan so far is a trip to Iguazu to see the waterfalls, a journey through northern argentina- to see Salta and maybe Tucuman, wherever. I am debating on if i want to go to Chile or Brasil for a week as well. taking your votes suggestions of course-
Oh yeah- I am going to see SHAKIRA on november 25th!! (happy thanksgiving to meee). waaay excited about that one. so the traveling will be focused around being in buenos on that date, but probably leaving again after and coming back since I definitely want to be back and spend my last week or so in mi amor Buenos Aires.
well i better get to studying.
[like how i update when i have 943753 things to do? of course, procrastination at it's finest!!! :D]
Lots of pictures will be posted soon i hope...
chau chau un beso
oh and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good luck nana!
xoxo
Post a Comment